Anniversary
In January, Kevin and I celebrated our 4rth year wedding anniversary! Its hard to believe we have been together that long, it seems like yesterday! We've had some great memories and our love is only getting stronger! Kevin surprized me with flowers, I know, I know... you always get flowers for your anniversary right? Well, when Kevin remembers to buy me flowers... its a welcome surprize! I was about 7 months pregnant in these photos.Caryn and Carie's 30th Birthday
Caryn and I also celebrated our 30th birthday on the 27th. I still feel young but that 3-0 really puts a damper on it! We had a large family party at my uncle Micheals house. He also celebrates a birthday this month so we combined them.Family Pet
On a more disstressing side of things we suffered two great losses in the family when our family pet, Katy, died and again when my grandmother Fern passed away at the end of January. Katy was old, we've had her for about 15-16 years. On a side note: we had just bought her this bed for Christmas, she loved it. She only got to use it for about two weeks before she passed on. She was a great family pet and we all miss her. We still keep feeling like she is here, even imagining her here, only to realize she is not and then missing her all the more.
Grandma Fern
My Grandma and I were close, I remember a lot of memories from when I lived with her in Idaho. I had the opportunity to live with her for four years and eventually met and dated Kevin there. Well, when Kevin and I moved into my parents house last fall, I helped to take care of her as my parents were now housing her. She was not doing so well anymore and could not be left alone. She suffered from alzheimers and diabetis and in the end, her kidneys and bladder totally gave out on her. It was hard to see the pain and loss that was there when all I could remember was what she was like when I knew her in Idaho, she was almost a totally different person. Grandma had a great veiw on service for others and practicality in life. She had a tendency to say things bluntly and not be sorry for it! We were all a little bit relieved when she passed on, she was no longer enjoying life or even living it really. Her body kind of gave up on her in the end and we know that she is in a better place now, a place where she no longer has to suffer the pains of life. Here are some of the pictures taken. These are my sisters and I, we sang 'Jesus Lover of My Soul', as you can see, I was emotional. These are the flowers that the grandchildren put together, very colorful and lively.
Aunt Julie's Visit
My Aunt Julie came all the way from colorado to bring over some furnature for my sisters and some baby things for Elliona. I was only about three weeks away from having her in this picture. Julie stayed for a week and we all celebrated her 50th birthday! It was a lot of fun! We look forward to another visit in May!
Valentines Day
We were invited to join a group of 8 couples for a valentines day date. It centered around the theme of the Amazing race, it was great fun and a lot of laughs! These photos were taken when I was 8 months pregnant, I am glad that this is no longer the case!




















No comments:
Post a Comment